Sabbatical note: I am on sabbatical from Caltech until Fall 2010. If you are a Caltech student and would like to meet with me, I'll be returning to campus a few days every month or two.
My group's research is in the application of feedback and control to networked systems, with applications in biology and autonomy. Current projects include verification and validation of distributed embedded systems, analysis of insect flight control systems, and biological circuit design.
|Jongmin Kim (CDS)
|Javad Lavaei* (CDS)
|Arjun Ravikumar† (BE)
|Dominic Rizzo (CS/ME)
|Ufuk Topcu (CDS)
|Pete Trautman (CDS)
|* co-advised students
||+ visiting researchers
||° rotation students
Former graduate students:
# Masters or Engineers degree * Co-advised student
Additional group alumni: SURF Senior thesis Visitors
The list below is the courses that I have taught at Caltech (or at least most of them). The course links will take you to the (current) course homepage, where you can find the syllabus, handouts, and homework sets. The links for specific terms take you to the course homepage for that term. Links to older courses are available on a separate page.
- CS/EE/ME 75 - Introduction to Multi-Disciplinary Systems Engineering (04-05, 06-07)
- CDS 90 - Senior Thesis in Control and Dynamical Systems (04-05, 05-06, 07-08. 08-09)
- CDS 101/110a - Analysis and Design of Feedback Systems (Fa97, Fa01, Fa02, Fa03, Fa04, Fa06, Fa07, Fa08)
- CDS 110b - Optimization-Based Control (Wi98, Wi02, Wi03, Wi04, Wi06, Wi07, Wi08)
- CDS 202 - Geometry of Nonlinear Systems (Wi93, Wi94, Wi04, Wi09)
- CDS 270 - Networked Control Systems (Sp06)
- CDS 273 - Frontiers in Control and Dynamical Systems (Sp01, Sp02, Sp03, Sp04, Sp05, Sp06)
- Older courses (not taught in the last 5 years)
- Guest lectures - individual lectures I have given in various courses