Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
: I . , be . and . Caltech and , I.
: I ., be. my students and participate in .
== Publications ==
== Publications ==
Revision as of 15:36, 13 October 2009
Richard M. Murray
Note: I am on sabbatical from Caltech until Fall 2010. During this time, I will not be able to host visitors, take on new postdocs or sponsor new undergraduate projects (including SURF). I will be continuing to advise my existing students and participate in ongoing projects. If you are a Caltech student and would like to meet with me, I'll be returning to campus a few days every month or two.
Prospective graduate students: I admit students through the CDS, SSB and BE graduate programs at Caltech. Many of my students also come from the BMB, CNS, EE and ME departments, but I do not actively participate in admissions decisions in those programs.
My group's research is in the application of feedback and control to networked systems, with applications in biology and autonomy. Current projects include verification and validation of distributed embedded systems, analysis of insect flight control systems, and biological circuit design. Template:Active projects [Archive]
Dionysios Barmpoutis (CNS) Andrea Censi (CDS) Fei Chen† (Bio/EE) Sawyer Fuller (BE) Elisa Franco (CDS)
Shuo Han (EE) Javad Lavaei* (CDS) Dominic Rizzo (CS/ME) Ufuk Topcu (CDS)
Pete Trautman (CDS) Ophelia Venturelli (BMB) Nok Wongpiromsarn (ME) Mumu Xu (ME) Francisco Zabala* (CDS)
* co-advised students + visiting researchers ° rotation students † undergraduates
Former graduate students:
- Julia Braman (ME) - Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, May 2009 (thesis)
- Ling Shi (CDS) - Ph.D. in Control and Dynamical Systems, August 2008 (thesis)
- Mary Dunlop (ME) - Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, May 2008 (thesis)
- John Carson (ME) - Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, May 2008 (thesis)
- Melvin Flores (CDS) - Ph.D. in Control and Dynamical Systems, February 2008 (thesis)
- Michael Epstein (ME) - Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, December 2007 (thesis)
Vijay Gupta (thesis) Sonja Glavaski* Adam Hayes* Sean Humbert (thesis) Zhipu Jin (thesis) Scott Kelly (thesis) Dmitriy Kogan# Andrew Lewis (thesis) Robert M'Closkey (thesis) Mark Milam (thesis) Michiel van Nieuwstadt (thesis) Muruhan Rathinam (thesis)
Clancy Rowley* Ben Shapiro (thesis) Demetri Spanos (thesis) Sudipto Sur (thesis) Amber Thweatt# Jorge Tierno* Abhishek Tiwari (thesis) David van Gogh# Tony Vanelli# (thesis) Yong Wang (thesis) Steve Waydo* (thesis) Simon Yeung (thesis)
# Masters or Engineers degree * Co-advised student
Raktim Bhattacharya (2002-04) Brianno Coller (1995-97) Tamer Inanc (2002-04) Eric Klavins* (2001-03) Feng-Li Lian (2001-02)
Kristi Morgansen (1999-2001) Pascal Morin (1996-97) Yasamin Mostofi (2004-06) Reza Olfati-Saber (2001-04) Yizhar Or (2007--09)
Nicolas Petit (2001-02) Henrik Sandberg (2005-07) B. N. Shashikanth* (1998-2000) Willem Sluis (1994-96) Herbert Streumper (1997-99)
The list below is the courses that I have taught at Caltech (or at least most of them). The course links will take you to the (current) course homepage, where you can find the syllabus, handouts, and homework sets. The links for specific terms take you to the course homepage for that term. Links to older courses are available on a separate page.
- CS/EE/ME 75 - Introduction to Multi-Disciplinary Systems Engineering (04-05, 06-07)
- CDS 90 - Senior Thesis in Control and Dynamical Systems (04-05, 05-06, 07-08. 08-09)
- CDS 101/110a - Analysis and Design of Feedback Systems (Fa97, Fa01, Fa02, Fa03, Fa04, Fa06, Fa07, Fa08)
- CDS 110b - Optimization-Based Control (Wi98, Wi02, Wi03, Wi04, Wi06, Wi07, Wi08)
- CDS 202 - Geometry of Nonlinear Systems (Wi93, Wi94, Wi04, Wi09)
- CDS 270 - Networked Control Systems (Sp06)
- CDS 273 - Frontiers in Control and Dynamical Systems (Sp01, Sp02, Sp03, Sp04, Sp05, Sp06)
- Older courses (not taught in the last 5 years)
- Guest lectures - individual lectures I have given in various courses
Richard M. Murray