Prospective graduate students: I admit students through the CDS, SSB and CS graduate programs at Caltech. Many of my students also come from the EE and ME departments, but I do not actively participate in admissions decisions in those programs.
My group's research is in the application
of feedback and control to information, biological and mechanical systems. Current projects include verification and validation of distributed embedded systems, analysis of insect flight control systems, and biological circuit design.
|Walid Krichene+ (ENSMP)|
|Yizhar Or (CDS)|
|Stephen Pleines+ (ETHZ)|
|Dominic Rizzo (CS/ME)|
|Ufuk Topcu (CDS)|
|Pete Trautman (CDS)||
|* co-advised students
||+ visiting researchers
||° rotation students
Former graduate students:
# Masters or Engineers degree * Co-advised student
The list below is the courses that I have taught at Caltech in the last 8 years. The course links will take you to the (current) course homepage, where you can find the syllabus, handouts, and homework sets. The links for specific terms take you to the course homepage for that term. Links to older courses are available on a separate page.
- CS/EE/ME 75 - Introduction to Multi-Disciplinary Systems Engineering (04-05, 06-07)
- CDS 90 - Senior Thesis in Control and Dynamical Systems (04-05, 05-06)
- CDS 101/110a - Analysis and Design of Feedback Systems (Fa02, Fa03, Fa04, Fa06, Fa 07, Fa08)
- CDS 110ab - Introduction to Control Theory (97-98, 01-02, 02-03, 03-04, Fa04, Wi06, Wi07, Wi08)
- CDS 190 - Independent Work in Control and Dynamical Systems
- CDS 202 - Geometry of Nonlinear Systems (Wi93, Wi94, Wi04, Wi09)
- CDS 270 - Networked Control Systems (Sp 06)
- CDS 273 - Frontiers in Control and Dynamical Systems (Sp01, Sp02, Sp03, Sp04, Sp05, Sp06)
- Guest lectures - individual lectures I have given in various courses