Daimler Chrysler 2006-04-10
From Murray WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Phone call from Prof. Barrat (sp?)
Present: Pietro, Richard
- Proposal sparked some interest; wanted to know what Daimler Chrysler would have to do to be a sponsor
- Background (Pietro)
- DGC background
- Teaching/research context
- Would like instrumented cars. Thought of Daimler Chrysler and Toyota. Contacting them sequentially.
- Q: What would the timing be? A: DARPA had non-ideal timing. We were thinking end of summer.
- Originally thought that we organized the DGC
- Pietro described what we imagined
- Custom versus stock vehicles; consider fairly advanced cars
- Would like to see urban environment: traffic lights, etc. Structure like America's cup?
- Daimler Chrysler's interests
- Has relatively little information from Dr. Flick. Just two pager.
- Q: do we want to do hardware research or software research? Feels like for students doing software research is more interesting. Hardware could be extremely expensive; does not seem that possible.
- Don't have an A or B class vehicle in the US. Would need to get back to Mercedes Benz USA to figure out they think about it. Would need to talk to PR.
- Giving a vehicle is not a problem. How much support is required and how to support from Stuttgart is the question
- Next steps
- Will talk to staff and get back to us
- Pietro: Mettzler and Han. Dickmanns
- Action (Pietro): Find out how much Volkswagen committed to Stanford
- Will contact us in early May