Yosemite Trip - Winter 2007
John and Mary are organizing a winter Murray Group trip to Yosemite this year. We'll be staying in heated cabins in Yosemite valley. This will be a fun and casual trip for all group members, there will be no special skills or special gear required.
Snowshoes, skis (downhill and cross country), and snowboards are available for rent at Yosemite for those in the group desiring to take part in such activities.
We've selected the trip date based on people's availability and Richard's schedule:
- 16-18 Feb
If you are interested in joining the group trip, email John Carson or Mary Dunlop.
- Friday - Meet early in the morning (6 am) and drive to Yosemite. Check into cabins and do a short hike.
- Saturday - Skiing! Yosemite has both cross country skiing and a small downhill ski area. You can rent skis, snowboards, and snowshoes there.
- Sunday - Day hike in the morning, return to Pasadena in the afternoon/evening.
Information about Yosemite
- Richard Murray
- Mary Dunlop
- John Carson (and Vanessa)
- Julia Braman (and Kevin)
- Stefano Di Cairano
- Elisa Franco
- Tim Chung
- Sawyer Fuller
- Laura de Vargas Roditi
John will coordinate the group breakfasts, lunches, and snacks to help save on the trip cost. We will plan to bring two breakfasts and three lunchs. For dinners there is a local cafe where we can apparently get pizza and other food items. The following items are suggested for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Please let John know if you want anything added to this list
- Breakfasts: bagels, cream cheese, orange juice, oatmeal (variety of flavors), coffee!
- Lunches: sandwiches (wheat bread, pita, salami, cheese, tuna, peanut butter, jelly), lemonade, apples, bananas, Trader Joes soups.
- Snacks: Granola bars, trail mix, apples, lemonade, dark chocolate!
There is supposed to be an eating area at Curry Village with a toaster and microwave, so we should be able to toast the bread and warm things.
These pictures are from the 2003 Murray Group winter trip to Yosemite.