Stanford Trip, 6-7 Apr 06
The following people have sent e-mail saying they plan to attend:
If your name isn't on this list, please send e-mail to Richard ASAP.
Travel to/from Stanford
We will need to be at Stanford by about 9 am on Thursday morning. There are two choices for getting there: leaving Wed night and staying in a hotel, or leaving on Thursday morning (very early) and driving straight to campus. Please edit one of the sections below and add your name to the appropriate list, so that we can make plan reservations:
We'll share rooms when possible to save a bit of money. Please put your name down for one of the rooms below. Please try to share rooms with someone who is going the same day that you are.
- Room 1: Richard (no roomate)
- Room 2: Arlene (no roomate)
- Room 3: Michael & Zhipu
- Room 4: Henrik & Jean-Charles
- Room 5: Fei Wang
- Workshop wiki page - contains copy of the agenda, links to presentations, notes from breakouts
- Machine-to-machine wireless and metrics for control
- Q: is it OK to separate estimation and control
- A: when computation is cheap, yes. Advantage: LTA (Kumar)
- Energy, delay, rate, accuracy tradeoff
- Q: can we cast this in the framework of estimation error
- A: rate, accuracy is understood; delay less so; energy even less
- Spatio-temporal problems (exploit locality)
- Seems to be driven by specific applications; abstract?
- Minimum information requirements
- Games, teams and learning
- Effects of routing
- Feedback coding