SURF discussions, Jan 2019
From Murray WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Slots for talking with applicants and co-mentors about SURF projects. Please sign up for one of the slots below. All times are PST.
In preparation for our conversation, please do the following:
- SURF students should work with their co-mentors to find a time the meeting/Skype call. (For Skype calls, co-mentors should initiate.)
- Please make sure you have read the material in the description of your project, so that you are prepared to talk about what the project is about and we can narrow in on the key ideas that will be the basis of your proposal
- Please take a look at the SURF GOTChA chart page, which is the format that we will use for the first iteration of your project proposal.
28 Jan (Mon)
29 Jan (Tue)
31 Jan (Thu)
1 Feb (Fri)
The agenda for the phone call is (roughly):
- Description of the basic idea behind the project (based on applicant's understanding)
- Discussion about approaches, things to read, variations to consider, etc
- Discussion of the format of the proposal
- Questions and discussion about the process