Difference between revisions of "ME132a TA-Instructor Meeting, Winter 2011"
From Murray WikiJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
* Server for simulation
* Server for simulation
** Need to set up one in Richard's lab ('''
** Need to set up one in Richard's lab ('''''')
Revision as of 20:05, 21 December 2010
This page is used for facilitating discussion between the instructors and TAs of ME/CS 132a (Winter 2010). Please note that the content of this page is open to the public.
- How many: 1/week
- Due date: 1 week later.
- How to turn in: Shuo's mail box and/or Andrea's email address
- Office hours: Instructors -- 303 TOM, TA -- TBD
Web page, mailing list
- Where to set up the web page: Murray Wiki redirected from IMSS
- Upload: by TA
- Access: solutions -- Caltech only, others -- open to the public
- Mailing list: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honor code
- Collaboration policy: wait for Larry (cf. CDS_101/110a,_Fall_2008)
- Use of other materials: other than solutions from past and/or other courses
- Prerequisites: check with Richard & Joel, linear algebra, basis prob and stat.
- Programming skills: TBD
- Which robots we are going to use
- ER-1 (old ctrl module): being kept by Pete (can fail in the middle of the course, not the current best bet)
- ER-1 (new ctrl module): need to write drivers for the new motor control module? (check with evolution robotics, in any case, rewriting the drivers ourselves seems more trouble than worth)
Richard's Pioneer?(Pete will use it for thesis work. Shouldn't plan on using it.)
- JPL's Pioneer? (wait for Larry and Rob)
- Server for simulation
- Need to set up one in Richard's lab (need to install Ubuntu Lucid on tokyo)
- SICK: should be enough
- Stereo cameras: should be enough
- Need a Firewire ports
- Software stack.
- What interface/drivers do you want people to work with? (player, ROS, ...)
- What would be the format for data files? (HDF, carmen, ...)
- Labs organization
- For example, the first lab assignment: Should I give them a charged robot with installed drivers, and let them write the software to collect the log? Or should I write all the software and let them collect the log? Is this done as a group (all the students together), as many small groups, or once for individual students?
- First test on a simulator
- Matlab vs. Python