ME/CS 132a, Winter 2010, TA Info
From Murray WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Turn on the robot
- Connect one end of the serial cable to the robot, and the other end to the laptop via a USB-serial adapter (note: the new ones don't seem to work, do not use them).
- Plug two gun batteries into the Y-junction. This needs to be done before connecting the batteries to the laser, so that the output is 24V. Do not step up from 12V to 24V during power-on.
- Plug the other end of the Y-junction to the SICK laser.
- Connect the laser to the serial port on the RS422-RS232 converter box.
- Connect the converter box to the laptop via USB.
- Wait until the indicator light becomes green.
Test the laser using playerv
First run the player config file with laser loaded only:
$ player laser.cfg
In another terminal window, run the visualization program playerv:
$ playerv --laser:0