Correct-by-Construction Synthesis of Control Protocols for Aerospace Systems
* External funding
We are developing theory and algorithms for model-based verification and synthesis of control protocols. This includes development of specifications for desired system behavior and methods for synthesizing control protocols to achieve the specification. Target areas that we are currently exploring include:
- Protocols for real-time, multi-agent, airborne communication networks, including air-to-air, air-to-ground and satellite-based communications
- Vehicle management systems, including embedded control protocols individual and integrated subsystems
- Decision-making, resource allocation and fault handling in unmanned, autonomous vehicles and mission systems
- Aircraft electric power distribution systems.
- On Synthesizing Robust Discrete Controllers under Modeling Uncertainty, Ufuk Topcu, Necmiye Ozay, Jun Liu, and Richard M. Murray. Submitted, 2012 International Conf on Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control (HSCC)
- Synthesis of Switching Protocols from Temporal Logic Specifications, Jun Liu, Necmiye Ozay, Ufuk Topcu and Richard M. Murray. Submitted, 2012 American Control Conference.
- Temporal Logic Control of Switched Affine Systems with an Application in Fuel Balancing, Petter Nilsson, Necmiye Özay, Ufuk Topcu and Richard M. Murray. Submitted, 2012 American Control Conference (ACC).
- Robust Control of Uncertain Markov Decision Processes with Temporal Logic Specifications, Eric M. Wolff, Ufuk Topcu and Richard M. Murray. Submitted, 2012 American Control Conference (ACC).
- Backtracking temporal logic synthesis for uncertain environments, Scott Livingston, Richard M. Murray and Joel W. Burdick. 2012 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), submitted.
- TuLiP - Temporal Logic Planning Toolbox