Difference between revisions of "Cds212 SP14"
|Line 84:||Line 84:|
| 13 May <br> 15 May
| 13 May <br> 15 May
| Positive Systems
| Positive Systems
Latest revision as of 04:56, 8 May 2014
CDS 212: Robust Control
Introduction to modern feedback control theory with emphasis on the role of feedback in overall system analysis and design. Examples drawn from throughout engineering and science. Open versus closed loop control. State-space methods, time and frequency domain, stability and stabilization, realization theory. Time-varying and nonlinear models. Uncertainty and robustness.
- 2 Apr 2014: web page creation
Tentative Lecture Schedule
|Course overview, Norms for signals and systems|
|Uncertain systems, structured singular values||DP Ch 8|
|Hinf synthesis||DP Ch 7|
|Layering in Complex Networked Systems||slides|
Course Text and References
The main course text is
- J. Doyle, B. Francis, A. Tannenbaum, Feedback Control Theory, Macmillan, 1992.
- G. Dullerud and F. Paganini, A Course in Robust Control Theory, Springer, 2000.
- R. M. Murray, Optimization-Based Control, Preprint, 2008.
You may find the following texts useful as well:
- K. J. Åström and R. M. Murray, Feedback Systems, Princeton University Press, 2008.
- B. Friedland, Control System Design: An Introduction to State-Space Methods, Dover, 2004.
- F. L. Lewis and V. L. Syrmos, Optimal Control, Second Edition, Wiley-IEEE, 1995. (Google Books)
- A. D. Lewis, A Mathematical Approach to Classical Control, 2003.
1. M Chiang, SH Low, AR Calderbank, JC. Doyle (2007) Layering As Optimization Decomposition, PROCEEDINGS OF THE IEEE, Volume: 95 Issue: 1 Jan 2007 link
2. Martins NC, Dahleh MA, Doyle JC (2007) Fundamental Limitations of Disturbance Attenuation in the Presence of Side Information, IEEE Trans Auto Control, Feb 2007 link
3. Bowman, Balch, Artaxo, Bond, Carlson, Cochrane, D’Antonio, DeFries, Doyle, et al. Fire in the Earth System, Science, Vol. 324 no. 5926 pp. 481-484 24 April 2009 link
4. Willinger W, Alderson D, and Doyle JC (2009) Mathematics and the internet: A source of enormous confusion and great potential. Notices Amer Math Soc 56:586-599. link
5. Alderson DL, Doyle JC (2010) Contrasting views of complexity and their implications for network-centric infrastructures. IEEE Trans Systems Man Cybernetics—Part A: Syst Humans 40:839-852. link
6. Gayme DF, McKeon BJ, Papachristodoulou P, Bamieh B, Doyle JC (2010) A streamwise constant model of turbulence in plane Couette flow, J Fluid Mech, vol 665, pp 99-119 link
7. H. Sandberg, J. C. Delvenne, J. C. Doyle. (2011) On Lossless Approximations, the Fluctuation-Dissipation Theorem, and Limitations of Measurements, IEEE Trans Auto Control, Feb 2011
8. J Lavaei, A Babakhani, A Hajimiri, and JC Doyle (2011), Solving Large-Scale Hybrid Circuit-Antenna Problems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 374-387, Feb. 2011. link
9. Chandra F, Buzi G, Doyle JC (2011) Glycolytic oscillations and limits on robust efficiency. Science, Vol 333, pp 187-192. link
10. JC Doyle, ME Csete (2011) Architecture, Constraints, and Behavior, P Natl Acad Sci USA, vol. 108, Sup 3 15624-15630 link
11. Gayme DF, McKeon BJ, Bamieh B, Papachristodoulou P, Doyle JC (2011) Amplification and Nonlinear Mechanisms in Plane Couette Flow, Physics of Fluids, V23, Issue 6, 065108 link
12. Page, M. T., D. Alderson, and J. Doyle (2011), The magnitude distribution of earthquakes near Southern California faults, J. Geophys. Res., 116, B12309, doi:10.1029/2010JB007933.
13. Namas R, Zamora R, An, G, Doyle, J et al, (2012) Sepsis: Something old, something new, and a systems view, Journal Of Critical Care Volume: 27 Issue: 3 link
14. Chen, L; Ho, T; Chiang, M, Low S; Doyle J,(2012) Congestion Control for Multicast Flows With Network Coding, IEEE Trans On Information Theory Volume: 58 Issue: 9 Pages: 5908-5921 link