This page contains information on how to get to Caltech and the location of various buildings on campus.
- Richard Murray's office: 109 Steele Laboratory
- Steele (CDS) library: 114 Steele
Directions to Steele building below.
Getting to Caltech
LAX to Pasadena
Take Sepulveda Blvd. to the Glen Anderson Fwy (105) east to the Harbor Fwy (110) north to the Pasadena Fwy, which becomes the Arroyo Parkway. Take the Arroyo Parkway straight ahead (north); turn right (east) on Del Mar Blvd. Turn right onto Holliston and park in the lot. Parking permits are available on the third level (follow the signs).
Burbank airport to Pasadena
The map below shows provides directions to get to Caltech.
The map below shows a closer view of the Caltech campus (click for a higher resolution version). Important locations:
- Building 181 (Steele Laboratory): my office is on the first floor, room 109. Make sure you come to Steele Laboratory and not Steele House (two separate buildings, both named Steele).
- [H] Holliston parking lot (best place to park your car). You can purchase a parking pass on the second floor (just follow the ramps up).
- [A] Annenberg building: this is where most CDS and CMS events take place.
If you like you can also get a printed map of the campus:
Lodging near Caltech:
HILTON HOTEL - Pasadena
WESTIN HOTEL - Pasadena
COURTYARD MARRIOTT - Old Pasadena
SAGA MOTOR HOTEL
The map below (from Google) shows the locations of the hotels relative to Caltech:
<googlemap lat="34.14" lon="-118.128" zoom="14" type="normal"> 34.1385,-118.1242,Steele Laboratory 34.1425,-118.1412,Hilton Hotel, Pasadena
130 South Los Robles Avenue
(800) 445-8667 34.1463,-118.1153,Saga Motor Hotel
1633 E. Colorado Boulevard
(800) 793-SAGA 34.1480,-118.1418,Westin Hotel
191 N. Los Robles Ave.
(888) 625-5144 34.1480,-118.15,Marriott Courtyard
180 North Fair Oaks Avenue