Difference between revisions of "CDS 140b, Spring 2011"
|Line 75:||Line 75:|
A skeleton for the lecture notes will be posted at least an hour before each lecture (typically the night before) and it will mainly include and some text. It is recommended that students come to class with the lecture notes skeleton and use it to in the material covered in class. Complete lecture notes will NOT be posted.
Revision as of 19:12, 23 March 2011
Introduction to Dynamics
- 18 Mar 2011: web page creation
- Strogatz, Steven; Nonlinear Dynamics And Chaos, Westview Press, 1994. ISBN: 978-0738204536
- Perko, Lawrence; Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (3rd), Springer, 2001. ISBN: 978-0387951164
- F. Verhulst, Nonlinear Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems,Springer, 2ed Edition, 1996.
- S. Wiggins, Introduction to Applied Nonlinear Dynamical Systems and Chaos, Springer; 2nd edition, 2003. ISBN: 978-0387001777.
A skeleton file for the lecture notes will be posted at least an hour before each lecture (typically the night before) and it will mainly include figures and some text. It is recommended that students come to class with the lecture notes skeleton and use it to fill in the material covered in class. Complete lecture notes will NOT be posted.
Collaboration Policy Homeworks are to be done and handed in individually. To improve the learning process, students are encouraged to discuss the problems with, provide guidance to and get help from other students, the TAs and instructors. However, to make sure each student understands the concepts, solutions must be written independently and should reﬂect your understanding of the subject matter at the time of writing. Copying solutions, using solutions from previous years, having someone else type or dictate any part of the solution manual or using publicly available solutions (from the Internet) are not allowed.