From Murray WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page is intended to be used for comments on Chapter 2 - State Estimation. To enter a new comment, create a new third level heading with your name and date. Then enter comments below and people can respond/converse.
RMM comments, 15 Jun 09
- Need an intro to the chapter that summarizes what will be presented in this chapter and how it fits into the book (background chapter, etc).
- For proofs, I think we should either include the proof or just say before/after the theorem statement that the proof is available in the literature and give some citations. So remove the proof environment for Thm 2.2.
- Karl Astrom told me that a "Luenberger" observer is a reduced order observer and not just a state estimator. If we keep this section, we should check on the naming.
- In the conference call, Vijay made the point that we probably don't need this section. Just stick with the Kalman filter. --Richard Murray 17:59, 16 June 2009 (PDT)
- Throughout this chapter, I think we need to add inputs. We'll need this in the TCP/UDP case.
- I'm not a huge fan of using bold symbols (eg, Yk for the vector of y's). I think it is fine to just use a capital letter, without changing the font. Probably OK to leave for now and we can hash it out later.
- We need to sort out whether the decentralized Kalman filter belongs in this chapter or in the distributed estimation chapter. I feel like it will make more sense in the later chapter, since it is really not "background" information.
- We need to decide how to refer to equations in the text. I usually write equation (1), which I feel is easier to read than Eqn. 1. I also like to put parenthesis around the equation number (use \eqref for this) since that matches the way the label appears in the text.