Difference between revisions of "Group Backpacking Hiking Trip"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
* Richard Murray
* Richard Murray
If your name isn't on this list, please send an e-mail to Zhipu or Mary.
If your name isn't on this list, please send an e-mail to Zhipu or Mary .
Revision as of 17:10, 14 April 2006
Group Backpacking Hiking Trip
Mary and Zhipu are organizing Murray's Group backpacking trip this year. They try to narrow down the details according to Richard's "Devil" schedule and other tradeoffs. Currently, there are three date options and two trail choices.
They will pick a date and a trail based on feedbacks from group members. A small information session will be given after the group meeting on Apr. 18, 2006.
- July 27 - July 30, 2006
- August 3 - August 6, 2006
- September 7 - September 10, 2006
All of them are from Thursday to Sunday.
- Agnew Meadows - Ediza Lake - Thousand Island Lake - PCT
* Nearby City: Mammoth Lakes, CA * Length: about 22 total miles * Trail Type: Loop with two small side trips * Skill Level: Moderate * Duration: Arrive Mammoth Lakes on Thu. and spend 3 days on the trail. * Driving Time to Destination: 7 hours * What the Guidebook Says:
"Scenic, enormous, granite-sprinkled Thousand Island Lake has become
a Sierra icon, due largely to the memorable black and white photographs
taken by Ansel Adams. The high peaks of the Ritter Range reflected in
the island-dotted lake surface are indeed spectacular... Ediza Lake enjoys
one of the loveliest settings of any lake in the Sierra Nevada... This is
a truely enjoyable hike, suitable for almost anyone."
- Rainbow Mtn. - Sawtooth Pass
* Nearby City: Mineral King, CA (South Part of Sequoia National Park) * Length: about 30 total miles * Trail Type: Loop * Skill Level: Moderate/Hard * Duration: Arrive Mineral King at Wed. night and use 4 days to finish the loop * Map of Sequoia NP: Media: pdf * Driving Time to Destination: 5.5 hours * What the Guidebook Says:
"Two scenic passes over the Great Western Divide, forested canyons and
beautiful lakes with excellent fishing make this Sequoia National
Park's most popular loop from Mineral King."
The following people are planning to attend:
* Mary Dunlop * Zhipu Jin * Richard Murray
If your name isn't on this list, please send an e-mail to Zhipu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mary (email@example.com).