Difference between revisions of "CDS 140b, Spring 2011"
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
* Strogatz, Nonlinear Dynamics And Chaos, Westview Press, 1994. ISBN: 978-0738204536
* Perko, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (3rd), Springer, 2001. ISBN: 978-0387951164
Revision as of 19:23, 23 March 2011
Introduction to Dynamics
- 18 Mar 2011: web page creation
- S. Strogatz, Nonlinear Dynamics And Chaos, Westview Press, 1994. ISBN: 978-0738204536
- L. Perko, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems (3rd), Springer, 2001. ISBN: 978-0387951164
- F. Verhulst, Nonlinear Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems,Springer, 2ed Edition, 1996.
- S. Wiggins, Introduction to Applied Nonlinear Dynamical Systems and Chaos, Springer; 2nd edition, 2003. ISBN: 978-0387001777.
A skeleton file for the lecture notes will be posted the night before each lecture and it will mainly include figures and some text. It is recommended that students come to class with the lecture notes skeleton and use it to fill in the material covered in class. Complete lecture notes will NOT be posted.
Homeworks are to be done and handed in individually. To improve the learning process, students are encouraged to discuss the problems with, provide guidance to and get help from other students, the TAs and instructors. However, to make sure each student understands the concepts, solutions must be written independently and should reﬂect your understanding of the subject matter at the time of writing. Copying solutions, using solutions from previous years, having someone else type or dictate any part of the solution manual or using publicly available solutions (from the Internet) are not allowed.
The final grades will be evaluated based on homework assignments and final projects.
Each student is allowed one late day which means only one homework assignment may be handed in up to one day late. Other than this day, late homework will not be accepted. Exceptional circumstances (such as medical situations) with appropriate documentation will be considered by the instructors.