BE 262 project, 2010
From Murray Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 00:11, 19 August 2010 by Murray (Created page with 'This page contains a description of the BE 262 (bootcamp) project for 2010. === Project description === === Equipment and supplies === ==== Equipment ==== * Basic cloning equi…')
This page contains a description of the BE 262 (bootcamp) project for 2010.
Equipment and supplies
- Basic cloning equipment: PCR machine, gel rig, pipettes, etc
- Plate reader: can use Victor X3 from 040 Keck
- Flow cytometer: plan to use HHMI-refurbished MoFlo cytometer
- Talked to Dave Tirrell on 16 Aug about using this instrument. Need to arrange for training (RMM)
- Need to figure out what materials (if any) need to be ordered to support likely experiments
- Outside chance that the new BD FACS Calibur unit will arrive in time to try it out
- (Optional) Fluorescent microscope for single cell imaging. Need moveable stage + autofocus to be able to look at several pads.
- Vectors: ???
- Can we use current vectors that Oskar is testing? What are they?
The following tasks need to be done before bootcamp to make sure that everything is ready for the project: